Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Role of the Shaman

I have often been amazed by the role of the Shaman in all societies, their ability to see into anther world, enter it and return. I often talk to the dancers about this, the idea that if we believe in the world of the dance around us on stage and project it perfectly, then the audience will also be entranced by the journey and come along with us. It is a challenge which I so appreciate all of our dancers taking on. It is the intangible past a leg kick, past a leap which for me is most important. I just love our company and how wholeheartedly thoughtful they are. We have such a unique balance of perspectives from all over the world. It is this diversity that allows us to make up our own globally shared dance vocabulary for each show.




-Dana

No comments: