Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wonderful Days and Nights in Lima

Kelly and I have been working very hard with the Ballet San Marcos. They are a wonderful company. I teach for almost 2 hours each morning and then we rehearse for several more hours. They are doing very well and it is always a pleasure to work and catch up with the dance community here in Peru.  Every morning I leave the hotel at 8am and begin teaching at 9am.  I leave the historic downtown area around 3pm daily and take in the streets and energy of Lima in the afternoons and evenings.  There is no other city in the world like it. Lima spans the old and new and there are many juxtapositions of imagery to consider daily. For the last 2 nights I have had wonderful dinners with Elvi Moore, Ralph Meyer and Kathy. They are on their way to Cuzco and Machu Picchu today.  I am always amazed by how small the world is and how important good friends are.  More soon!

Dana

No comments: