Friday, July 18, 2008

Lima City Life

I just finished my first full week in Lima. What a fabulous city. Lima is a complete juxtaposition of old and new. I always feel at home here. There is a strange calm within all the calamity of everyday life in Lima. There is an incredible traffic problem here right now due to a new bus route that is being built. So the traffic is crazy. Once I get to downtown, I teach for 2 hours, rehearse for 4 with a small break and tackle the traffic to get back to my hotel. The weather has been sunny for this winter season. I have been connecting with old friends and having dinner at many of Lima's amazing restaurants. Lima has the best restaurants I have ever eaten in.

The Ballet San Marcos dancers have been great and I am setting 4 short pieces on them. We will have a work in progress showing next Friday! Vera Stasny, the director of the Ballet San Marcos, is working on a new fully accredited degree program and we speak daily about structure and process. Looking forward to seeing Elvi, Ralph and Kathy again tonight who are back from Cuzco.

More soon!

Dana

No comments: